Foam Board Fire in New York City

Foam Board Fire in New York City

On December 14th a NYU Langone Medical Center roof caught fire. As reported on dnainfo by Ben Fractenberg and Aidan Gardiner:

Workers were cutting metal when a spark flew onto a roofing insulation material called "rigid board" and caught fire on the seventh floor of 560 First Ave. near East 30th Street, a vacant property that's currently under construction, about 12:13 p.m., FDNY officials said.


Watch the video - that's foam burning:


Foam is an unacceptable fire hazard. We have better choices. For foam, our motto is Less is Best. Make Better Choices: Toward A Less Toxic World.